Our final project with Justin this half-term was quite a big one, we had a couple of hours to create a tutorial video. He asked me and my other group member, Alice, to create a tutorial video on how to set up three-point lighting. We need to try and demonstrate the micro-element skills, Justin had taught us such as different shot types and camera angles.
I found this task quite difficult as time was very tight. We managed to create a tutorial video with numerous different shot types and camera angles, however I didn't have enough time to completely finish editing it, so the final video didn't quite work. For example we had recorded a voice over to narrate how you set up the three-point lighting but I didn't have enough time to put all the voice over audio in the correct place in relation to the video. Also I didn't have enough time to trim all the video clips so our end video ended being very long (around 9 minutes whereas with more time I could have made it a-lot more shorter and concise).
One of the most important lessons I learnt from this task was to ensure I mange my time more effectively when I am working with a tight-deadline. For example there were times where I spent too much time on finding background music for the video instead of trimming the video clips and sorting out the voice over audio. Managing time is very important!
Here is our final video - I must say it wasn't a complete disaster there is definitely some good content in it.
Comments
Post a Comment