Today we learnt about working out the intended audience and other information for different media products and other things like their purpose. This was very interesting as it allowed us to debate as a class on who the intended audience was for different media products, and it's fair to say some of us had very different opinions. Target audience is key when working out what sort of marketing campaign the film is going to take to attract wide audiences.
I have chosen to look at a movie called 'Captain Philips' which is all about a ship that is taken over by modern day pirates of the coast of Somalia. I am going to be working out the primary function of the movie, the genre, the target audience and the purpose of the movie.
I believe the primary function and purpose of this move is of course first off all to entertain but also to inform on an historical event, as this movie is based on a true story.
In terms of the audience for this movie I think its hard to pick a definitive answer. I think the age range that this movie will attract will be very varied, maybe from early teens to elderly people , as this movie has something for everybody: action, emotion and of course it is a historical movie as it is based on a historical event. I think if i had to pick a gender that this movie was more for, I might controversially say its more aimed at males as there is quite a-lot of gun violence which stereo typically men prefer more than women.
The genre of the movie again is hard to pick. The different genres in this movie are action, thriller, drama and adventure film. Also because this movie is based on a true story you could also class one of the genres as a biography movie.
I have chosen to look at a movie called 'Captain Philips' which is all about a ship that is taken over by modern day pirates of the coast of Somalia. I am going to be working out the primary function of the movie, the genre, the target audience and the purpose of the movie.
I believe the primary function and purpose of this move is of course first off all to entertain but also to inform on an historical event, as this movie is based on a true story.
In terms of the audience for this movie I think its hard to pick a definitive answer. I think the age range that this movie will attract will be very varied, maybe from early teens to elderly people , as this movie has something for everybody: action, emotion and of course it is a historical movie as it is based on a historical event. I think if i had to pick a gender that this movie was more for, I might controversially say its more aimed at males as there is quite a-lot of gun violence which stereo typically men prefer more than women.
The genre of the movie again is hard to pick. The different genres in this movie are action, thriller, drama and adventure film. Also because this movie is based on a true story you could also class one of the genres as a biography movie.
Comments
Post a Comment