What is a press release?
With Tony we did numerous lessons on press releases - researching them and even making our own.
A press release is an official statement that is released to the media such as a newspaper that includes information about something important like a big event.
Research into press releases
The following press release:British workers press release entitled " Are British workers being treated fairly?" is a good press release because it has a captivating rhetorical question as a title that makes you as a reader intrigued by the article and want to find out the answer to the question.
The following press release: Škoda press release is a good press release because it has a large high definition image of a Skoda racing car that is exiting and is a great way to start a press release.
The following press release: Apple press release is a really effective press release because the title is quite dramatic, for example " the best and biggest displays to iPhone". This is an exiting way to start a press release. It also includes a High definition picture that shows of the product it is going on about.
How did I create my press release?
I created my press release with Microsoft Word and took full advantage of the word art option to create my title so that it looked bold and was a cool color. My title was simply my name which in my opinion I think works well as after all the press release is all about me so it is straight to the point. Another point to make is that I ensured my title was the color orange as I knew this would stand out and that's exactly what I want to happen to the different media projects I create - I want them to stand out.
I used a cool graphic which in my opinion describes myself. I like to think the graphic is 'creatively chaotic' which is exactly what I am. The graphic also in my opinion is quite exiting which should help the reader be more interested in my press release.
The font in which I used was called "Agency FB" which is a bit wacky, which helps show of my personality
I think my press release was successful as the overall page design clearly showed of my personality through things like font, graphics and titles. The page design I have chosen shows the other people in my group who I am and my personality.
Importance of Target Audience in Press Releases
Target audience is really important when writing press releases as you have to adapt your press release so it appeals to the target audience. You may have to adapt the language you use in your press release so that suits your target audience for example with younger children you would have to ensure the language you used was easier enough for them to understand.
When writing my press release I knew my target audience were the people in my media group so I ensured I included interesting things about me so they would get more of a understanding of who I am. I also hared my other passions such as my passion for Electronic Dance music which hopefully as the group is young they can relate to.
Feedback for my Press Release
These were the following questions about my press release I asked three members in my group
a) feedback who they think you are b) if they
found you interesting and c) what was the most revealing or indicative element
to the press release?
Holly
a) Creative person, constant streams of idea which can be very useful
b) Yes - my passion for food and I addressed the shy part of my personality
c) That I like muse and I can make a good strawberry cheesecake
Nathan
a) Very creative, slightly introverted but come out out of my shell
b) Very exiting and fast paced - did'nt get bored reading it
c) Food buff - I can make a good cheesecake
Tom
a) Very creative and alto of good ideas
b) Found my music taste interesting
c) That I can make a cracking cheesecake
Overall I was really happy with my feedback and I thought my press release was successful as the people in my group that I asked, learnt more about me which was my intention.

Comments
Post a Comment